Tuesday 7 March 2017

Pints and Parables

I've been following Pete Rollins more of late. Wacky stuff for some I'm sure, but I find the ideas really interesting. Anyway, one of the things he does is called 'Pints and Parables', and I was listening to some of these in the car to and from work today. I've decided to write one up here, adapted slightly, because I thought it may provide some food for thought...

Three Christians died and went up to heaven. They were all waiting at the pearly gates for their Judgement with Jesus before being allowed in.

The first, a Christian Mystic, went in to the interview room and an hour later came out smiling to himself, "Of course I got it wrong. I knew I was wrong, I just knew it. Ah well, at least I now know..." And off he went into heaven.

The second, a priest, went in next. He was in the interview room for a couple of hours before he came out saying, "I can't believe I got it wrong, I just can't believe it. Still, at least I've been put right." And off he went into heaven.

Finally the last person, a fundamentalist, went in. His interview went on longer. Three. Four Hours. Then at last the interview room door flung open and Jesus himself ran out yelling, "How could I have been so wrong?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment