Sunday 2 April 2017

Talking Faith and Deconversion with Andy Stanley

Andy Stanley is the senior pastor of North Point Community Church a megachurch in Atlanta, GA. In this episode of 'Life after God' Andy talks to the shows host, Ryan Bell, who was an ordained minister with the Seventh Day Adventists before becoming an atheist.

I think this is a model conversation, in terms of attitude, between two people with different views, especially between a Christian and an Atheist who have different worldviews.

The show opens with this quote from Andy,

"I decided I would rather fear being wrong, than fear admitting I'm wrong. I would rather discover I'm wrong than quit discovering...

If I am afraid to look [at my beliefs] that says a great deal about my worldview, that says a great deal about my theology"


Listen to "049 - Talking Faith and Deconversion with Andy Stanley" on Spreaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment